Vessi shoes are 100% waterproof, breathable, and vegan-friendly, but they still need some TLC to keep them looking their best. In this guide, you’ll learn how to clean your Vessi shoes in a few easy steps, using only water and mild soap. Whether you have mud, stains, or odors on your Vessi shoes, we’ll show you how to get rid of them and make your shoes shine again. Follow this guide and enjoy your Vessi shoes for years to come.
- Preparing Your Cleaning Supplies
- 1. Mild soap or detergent
- 2. A soft brush or cloth
- 3. A basin of water
- 4. An old toothbrush
- Removing Insoles and Laces
- Hand Washing
- Machine Washing
- How to clean Vessi weekend shoes:
- How to clean Vessi shoes with baking soda:
- How to clean vessi shoes in washing machine:
- How to clean vessi shoes with vinegar:
- How to clean mud off fabric shoes:
- Can you bleach vessi shoes
Preparing Your Cleaning Supplies
Before you start cleaning your Vessi shoes, you need to prepare some basic cleaning supplies. These include:
1. Mild soap or detergent
You can use any gentle liquid soap or laundry detergent that is suitable for delicate fabrics. Avoid using harsh chemicals, bleach, or fabric softeners that can damage the material of your shoes. You can also make your own natural cleaning solution by mixing equal parts of baking soda and water.
2. A soft brush or cloth
You will need a soft-bristled brush, such as a toothbrush or a shoe brush, to scrub away dirt and stains from the surface of your shoes. You can also use a clean cloth or sponge dipped in the soap solution to wipe down the shoes. Do not use abrasive materials, such as steel wool or scouring pads, that can scratch or tear the fabric of your shoes.
3. A basin of water
You will need a large basin or bucket filled with lukewarm water to rinse off the soap and dirt from your shoes. Make sure the water is not too hot or too cold, as extreme temperatures can affect the shape and color of your shoes. You can also add a few drops of vinegar to the water to help remove odors and bacteria.
4. An old toothbrush
You will need an old toothbrush to clean the hard-to-reach areas of your shoes, such as the seams, the eyelets, and the tongue. You can also use it to gently scrub the soles and edges of your shoes to remove scuff marks and dirt.
Removing Insoles and Laces
Before you start cleaning your Vessi shoes, you need to remove the insoles and laces from them. This will allow you to access all areas of the shoes and clean them effectively. To remove the insoles, you can use one of the following methods:
- If the insoles are not glued or tacked to the shoes, you can simply pull them out with your hands.
- If the insoles are glued to the shoes, you can use a hair dryer to heat up the glue and loosen it, then pull out the insoles.
- If the insoles are tacked to the shoes, you can use a flat screwdriver to pry up the tacks and remove the insoles.
To remove the laces, you can simply untie them and pull them out of the eyelets. You can also loosen them up or remove them completely before drying your shoes. Removing the insoles and laces will help you clean your Vessi shoes faster and more thoroughly.
Washing Fabric Uppers
One of the advantages of Vessi shoes is that they are machine washable, unlike many other fabric shoes. This means you can easily clean them without spending too much time or effort. However, you can also choose to hand wash them if you prefer. Here are the steps for both methods:
- Fill a basin with warm water and add a small amount of mild soap or detergent. You can use any gentle liquid soap or laundry detergent that is suitable for delicate fabrics.
- Gently scrub the uppers with a soft brush or cloth, paying extra attention to any stains or dirt. You can also use a household cleaning eraser to remove scuff marks or stubborn stains.
- Rinse the shoes thoroughly with clean water until no soap residue remains.
- Blot the shoes with a clean cloth or paper towel to remove excess water.
- Place your Vessi shoes in a mesh laundry bag to protect them from getting snagged or damaged by other items in the washer.
- Use a gentle cycle with cold water and a small amount of mild detergent. Do not use bleach, fabric softeners, or harsh chemicals that can harm the material of your shoes.
- Once the cycle is complete, remove the shoes from the bag and let them air dry.
Whichever method you choose, make sure to avoid drying your shoes in direct sunlight or heat, as this can affect their shape and color. You can also stuff them with dry paper towels or a clean soft cloth to help them retain their shape as they dry.
How to clean Vessi weekend shoes:
Vessi weekend shoes are one of the most popular footwear choices for people who love comfort, style, and versatility. They are similar to Vessi everyday sneakers, but they have a more casual and relaxed look. They are also waterproof, breathable, and lightweight, making them ideal for any occasion and weather. To clean your Vessi weekend shoes, you can use any of the methods mentioned above for cleaning vessi shoes with baking soda, washing machine, or vinegar. However, you may also want to consider some additional tips for cleaning vessi weekend shoes:
- Before cleaning your Vessi weekend shoes, check the care label on them for any specific instructions or recommendations from the manufacturer.
- If your Vessi weekend shoes have mud stains on them, wait for the mud to dry completely before trying to remove it. Then use a toothbrush or a soft brush to scrape off the mud gently from your shoes. You can also use a damp cloth or sponge to dab or spot treat the remaining mud stains on your shoes.
- If your vessi weekend shoes have grass stains on them, you can try using rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide to remove them. Apply a small amount of rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball or swab and dab it on the grass stain. Then rinse it off with water and let it dry.
How to clean Vessi shoes with baking soda:
Baking soda is a natural and gentle cleaner that can help remove odors and stains from your vessi shoes. Vessi shoes are waterproof, breathable, and lightweight shoes that are made of a knit fabric that repels water and dirt. However, they can still get dirty or smelly over time, especially if you wear them frequently or expose them to harsh environments. To clean your vessi shoes with baking soda, you need to follow these steps:
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with a little water to make a paste. The paste should be thick enough to stick to your shoes but not too dry or too runny.
- Apply the paste to the stained areas of your shoes using a soft brush or cloth. You can focus on the areas that are more dirty or smelly, such as the toe box, the heel, or the sole.
- Let the paste sit for about 15 minutes, then wipe it off with a damp cloth. The paste should lift off the dirt and stains from your shoes along with it.
- Rinse your shoes with clean water and let them air dry.
How to clean vessi shoes in washing machine:
You can also wash your vessi shoes in the washing machine if they are very dirty or stained and need a thorough cleaning. However, you need to follow some precautions to avoid damaging them in the machine:
- Remove the insoles and laces from your shoes and wash them separately by hand. You can use water and detergent to clean them gently and then rinse and dry them.
- Place your shoes in a mesh laundry bag or pillowcase to protect them from rubbing against other items in the washing machine. This will prevent any damage to the fabric and the waterproof coating of your shoes.
- Use a gentle cycle and cold water, and add a mild detergent. Do not use bleach, fabric softener, or dryer sheets, as they can damage the fabric and the waterproof coating of your shoes. You can also add some vinegar to the detergent to help disinfect and deodorize your shoes.
- After the cycle is done, take your shoes out of the bag or pillowcase and let them air dry. Do not put them in the dryer, as the heat can damage the fabric and the waterproof coating of your shoes.
How to clean vessi shoes with vinegar:
Vinegar is another natural and effective cleaner that can help disinfect and deodorize your vessi shoes. Vinegar is acidic and can kill bacteria and fungi that cause odors and infections on your shoes. It can also help remove stains and restore the color and shine of your shoes:
- Mix one part of vinegar with two parts of water in a spray bottle. You can use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Spray the solution on the inside and outside of your shoes. Make sure you cover all the areas of your shoes evenly.
- Wipe off the solution with a clean cloth or paper towel. You can also use a soft brush to scrub any stubborn stains or dirt.
- Rinse your shoes with water and let them air dry.
How to clean mud off fabric shoes:
Fabric shoes are made of materials such as canvas, cotton, nylon, polyester, or wool. They are comfortable, breathable, and flexible, but they can also get dirty easily when exposed to mud or dirt. To clean mud off fabric shoes, you need to follow these steps
- Wait for the mud to dry completely on your shoes. Do not try to wipe or rub the mud when it is wet, as this can spread it and make it harder to remove.
- Use a brush or a toothbrush to scrape off the dry mud from your shoes. Be gentle and careful not to damage the fabric of your shoes.
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to dab or spot treat the remaining mud stains on your shoes. You can use water or a mild soap solution to moisten the cloth or sponge. Do not soak your shoes in water, as this can damage the fabric and the shape of your shoes.
- Rinse your shoes with clean water and let them air dry. Do not put them in the dryer, as this can shrink or deform your shoes.
Can you bleach vessi shoes
Bleach is a strong chemical that can whiten and disinfect your shoes, but it can also damage them if used incorrectly. Bleach can cause fading, discoloration, weakening, or cracking of the fabric and the waterproof coating of your vessi shoes. Therefore, it is not recommended to use bleach on your vessi shoes, unless they are white and you have no other option. If you decide to use bleach on your vessi shoes, you need to follow these precautions:
- Dilute the bleach with water before using it on your shoes. The recommended ratio is one part of bleach to five parts of water.
- Test the bleach solution on a small and inconspicuous area of your shoes first to see how it affects the color and the material of your shoes.
- Apply the bleach solution sparingly and carefully on the stained areas of your shoes using a cotton ball or swab. Do not soak your shoes in the bleach solution, as this can cause more damage.
- Rinse your shoes thoroughly with water after using the bleach solution and let them air dry.
Vessi shoes are a great choice for anyone who wants to enjoy the comfort and style of knit sneakers without worrying about getting them wet or dirty. They are designed to be 100% waterproof, breathable, and vegan-friendly, using a patented Dyma-tex technology that creates a water-repellent barrier on the fabric. However, even the best shoes need some care and maintenance to keep them in good shape. That’s why we have provided you with this comprehensive guide on how to clean your Vessi shoes in the best way possible.
We have covered the basic steps of preparing your cleaning supplies, removing the insoles and laces, washing the fabric uppers, and drying your shoes properly. We have also given you some tips and tricks on how to clean specific types of Vessi shoes, such as the weekend shoes, the cityscape shoes, and the everyday shoes. We have also shown you how to use different methods and products to clean your Vessi shoes, such as hand washing, machine washing, vinegar, baking soda, and erasers. We hope that this guide has been helpful and informative for you, and that you have learned something new about your Vessi shoes.
Cleaning your Vessi shoes is not a difficult or time-consuming task, as long as you follow the instructions carefully and use the right tools and techniques. By doing so, you can extend the lifespan of your shoes and keep them looking fresh and new. You can also enjoy wearing them in any weather condition, without compromising on comfort or performance. Vessi shoes are more than just sneakers; they are an investment in your feet and your lifestyle.
Thank you for reading this article on how to clean your Vessi shoes. We hope that you have found it useful and interesting. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. We would love to hear from you and learn from your experience. And if you liked this article, please share it with your friends and family who might also benefit from it.